Business Office Manager needed for Ambulatory Surgery Center
Provide operational support to the facility by performing various business office functions. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Human Resources, Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Clinical Logs, month end reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the Business Office team and functions to ensure our operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Responsible for direct supervision of non-medical personnel, including orientation, ongoing coaching and annual evaluations
- As a working manager, is the backup to all business office teammates
- Responsible for office supplies and equipment and is main contact for building maintenance items
- Acts as liaison with billing company, building maintenance and housekeeping companies which includes contract evaluation and negotiations
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll and forward to corporate for processing.
- Works closely with Clinical Director so that the flow of the overall operation is most efficient, reporting all activities to the CEO.
- Works closely with the CEO to promote the utilization of the Surgery Center.
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation and implementation of the terms of contracts with all third-party payers.
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and in operating equipment on an annual basis
- Minimum of an Associate degree (Bachelors preferred)
- 5 years of experience in a medically- related environment required - surgery center experience a plus
- Supervisor of non-medical teammates required
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Experience with patient admissions, scheduling, medical office operations desired
- An understanding of how insurance processes work including the verification process required
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Good communication skills and phone etiquette