Medical Front Office Receptionist
Medical Group in need for excellent front office coordinator- Obgyn Specialty
- Displays exceptional customer service skills in responding to all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies, internal departments and coworkers.
- Daily review of charts on patients who have appointments for the following day to verify that all appropriate referral and authorization information has been received.
- Coordinate flow of insurance information with the clinic sites and corporate office.
- Data entry of registration.
- Request insurance codes as needed.
- Maintain audit logs of billings.
- Reception desk and telephones as needed.
Medical Front Office Coordinator needed for busy specialty medical group
Santa Barbara, CA
- Handle high volume incoming calls.
- Review the charts and insurance referrals/authorizations and taking appropriate action to assure proper maximal reimbursement.
- To assist the physicians and/or administrators in all business and patient care responsibilities.
- Coordinates office communication flow.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates a caring attitude toward patients and their families.
- Greet, direct and assist large numbers of visitors and refers visitors to various areas.
- Ensure all patient demographic and insurance information.
- Answer telephones using correct telephone etiquette at all times, recording legible and complete messages, handling questions, transferring incoming calls appropriately, contacting physicians, insurance companies, hospitals, diagnostic facilities, billing departments, etc… as necessary.
- Review patient intake information to verify insurance coverage.
- Verify patient insurance information, call for insurance authorization, patient address, telephone, etc…
- Responsible for scheduling new and follow up appointments including patient testing.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years recent experience in a related position in a medical office experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize jobs duties and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work on many tasks at one time.
- Have superior customer service and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer knowledge; experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, obstetrical and/or perinatal coding, office billing forms, insurance and government payer regulations and other third party billing requirements preferred.
Full-time, Temporary to Permanent
Beginning of employment
Duration of employment
Healthcare/ Medical Office
Santa Barbara, Ventura County
$ 16.00 - $ $18.00
April 18, 2019
April 13, 2020