Medical Collector position requires a thorough understanding of the medical Revenue cycle from charge entry through collection metrics. The Medical Collector must be self-motivated, detail oriented, reliable, and able to prioritize responsibilities while performing multiple tasks. Additionally strong problem solving skills, proficiency in Word and Excel, and excellent communication skills are required as there will be significant contact with patients, third parties, surgeons’ offices, and insurance companies. The Medical Collector maximizes revenue by following up on claims timely, submitting appeals, and collecting from patients. Submitting accurate claims according to regulatory agencies and payer guidelines; ensuring all accounts are billed accurately. Follow up on all accounts and handling claim rejections from insurance companies.
- Claims follow up with insurance companies and Appeals.
- Payment posting and account reconciliation
- Adhere to government, legal and regulatory standards
- Answering incoming center phone calls and respond to patient and third party inquiries
- Data entry
- Other business office functions as needed
- 5+ year’s knowledge of working within the Ambulatory surgery center or similar Medical setting, or medical groups and collecting on outpatient facility charges
- Experience with medical revenue cycle operations
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word, Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 codes, and Experience with medical software